Taylor is an associate in Dentons Vancouver office and is a member of the firm’s Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation and Labour and Employment practice groups. He assists clients in managing all of their human resources needs, including pension and benefits administration, employee savings and incentive programs, employment standards, hiring and terminating employees, workers’ compensation, human rights, privacy and occupational health and safety.
Taylor also works closely with sponsors, administrators, trustees and employers who administer and participate in pensions and benefits plans.
Before joining Dentons as an associate, Taylor worked for the firm as both a summer and articling student.
- Rokstad Power Corporation & Affiliates: Advising the corporation and affiliates in re-acquiring from the Carillion Group full ownership of the businesses and undertakings of the Rokstad Power Group of Companies, enabling the business to continue as a recognized leader in the industry who provides full suite of power line construction and maintenance services, using a pre-packaged CCAA proceeding to effect a complex transaction.
- Finning International Inc.: Advising in relation to the wind-up of the equipment rental business and affairs of Raydon Rentals Ltd. d.b.a. The Cat Rental Store into its parent, Finning International Inc.
- Co-author, "Five key considerations for cannabis in the workplace," Dentons Client Alert, July 16, 2018
- Presenter, “Gender Identity in the Workforce”, Canadian Pensions & Benefits Institute, 2018 Saskatchewan Regional Conference.
- Author, "CPP Expansion", Employment & Labour Law, June 21, 2016
- Author, "Limiting Liability: Incentives and Benefits on Termination of Employment", Employment & Labour Law, June 20, 2016
- Co-author, “What are the legal risks of CAPSA’s projected account balance guideline?”, Benefits Canada, June 2016
Activities and Affiliations
- Executive Member, Pensions & Benefits Law Sections, B.C. Branch-Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia